Rural Minds Mental Health Workshop
DATE & LOCATION
ABOUT THE EVENT
Bring a buddy for an interactive workshop covering the many faces of mental health, thanks to Rural Minds!
Rural Minds is a comprehensive program designed for people living and working in rural Australia by people living and working in rural Australia. Anyone who is connected to the land or living in a rural area – through farming, rural work or rural business. Teachers, publicans, pharmacists – anyone with an interest in strengthening and giving back to their community.
This half-day Rural Minds workshop combines practical, culturally-relevant information around risk factors, signs and symptoms, prevention tips/techniques and where and how to get assistance. Including compelling accounts of mental health issues from those involved in the agricultural sector, and a suite of Rural Minds DVDs to accompany the delivery of the workshop; tailored particularly for primary producers, their families and those who work and/or live in rural communities.
The workshop will:
- Improve your awareness and understanding of mental health issues
- Make the connection between mental health and personal safety
- Give you the confidence, strategies and pathways to supports to help you preserve your mental health and that of your family and friends.
Topics covered will include:
- Risks to mental health
- Anxiety and Depression
- Destructive Thinking
- Acute Stress and PTSD
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Financial Stress and Succession
- Strategies to build and maintain mental health
- Mental health supports
Further information on the workshop can be found in the event flyer.
- Liebe Group Member$0$00$0
- Non Member$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0