DATE & LOCATION
22 Feb, 9:30 am – 6:00 pm
Dalwallinu, 302 Dalwallinu W Rd, Dalwallinu WA 6609, Australia
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Liebe Group invites all growers and spray applicators to this open workshop with Bill Campbell!
With a theory component in the morning and a practical afternoon session on-farm, this hands-on workshop is designed for growers and their employees to demonstrate how spray equipment should be best set-up and calibrated and how to maximise efficiency and efficacy for the different spray technologies. It provides the opportunity to discuss the best practice for getting product to the target and avoiding spray drift issues, as well as delivering information on mixing/batching systems.
Topics for disucssion include:
- The principles of application, droplets, coverage requirements in relation to water volume and mode of action, and how nozzles work.
- Spray techniques for different spray situations- summer and winter knockdowns, applying pre-emergents, fungicide and crop desiccation.
- Understanding the different spraying systems/technologies, how they work, how best to set-up.
- Practical demonstrations of commercial size spray equipment (standard spraying systems, pulse width modulation, where possible air sheer) with water sensitive paper to demonstrate different spray techniques, also check and measure coverage and droplet deposition.
- Mixing-batching theory with grower demonstrations of nurse tank/mobile mixing batch setups.
- Grower batching and loading demonstration, where possible min 2 x grower equipment and case study discussion about.
Register by Wednesday 15th February for catering purposes.