Thu, 28 Sept|
Liebe Group Office
Sleep Right for a Healthier Life
Join Cass Edwards for an afternoon of discussing the importance of getting a better sleep!
DATE & LOCATION
28 Sept, 11:30 am – 2:30 pm
Liebe Group Office, 17 Johnston St, Dalwallinu WA 6609, Australia
ABOUT THE EVENT
Dr Cass Edwards is a Clinical Neurophysiologist trained in London- UK with a PhD in Sleep Disorders and Mental Health obtained through Royal Perth Hospital Medical School (Psychiatry) and the University of Western Australia.
Dr Cass is a publisher and author of scientific papers in sleep medicine and a public/academic speaker, nationally and internationally.
Through her work she has been successfully assisting many people with improved sleep and has recently been nominated for the WA Health Award for Excellence and Contribution to Mental Health in 2022.
Presentation topics will include:
- An overview on the meaning of sleep disturbances such as: sleep walking, sleep talking, tossing and turning, muscle spasms, noisy breathing, excessive sweating, mouth breathing, pain, broken sleep, teeth grinding and more
- The importance of sleep health
- Self assessments - Find out how well you really sleep
- How to accurately self-assess tiredness vs sleepiness
- Sleep quality or sleep quantity - What is more important and why?
- Sleep pattern and its effects on general health
- Proven medical conditions resulting from sleep deprivation and what to do to avoid them
- How diet affects the sleep/wake system in the brain
- Broken sleep despite good sleep habits explained and how to fix it
- Scientifically proven strategies to sleep better (medication-free)
- Symptoms of sleep disturbances and sleep disorders - Identifying what is ‘normal’ and what isn’t
- The link between sleep, sleep deprivation, sleep disorders and mental health (Epidemiology and Statistics)
- Sleep in children (Brief overview)
Non-Members$30.00+$0.75 service fee